Tuesday, May 9, 2017

poster

My social topic for my poster was defunding public television. I have watched PBS since I was a child. I always enjoyed watching such programs as Mister Rogers' Neighborhood and Sesame Street. Now my daughter watches PBS, and with her autism is learning not only her abcs, but she is also learning about friendship. This year Sesame Street introduce a character who has autism. It's a great way for kids to understand what autism means and how to relate with someone their age who has it. PBS provides learning experiences like their documentary series Independent Lens. The series has open my eyes about issues like domestic violence , racism, and education. It breaks my heart to think that such quality programming could lost because President Trump doesn't see a need for it or thinks its a waste of money. Learning and embracing  the human experience is priceless.


https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=pbs+images&spf=1

No comments:

Post a Comment