Monday, May 1, 2017

Photos Blog

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTkZHQMB1or/?taken-by=wondarawherry



These photos are from downtown  and Marquette University. The first one is a tower next to the bridge above the river with a few buildings in the background. The second photo is the statue of the man Marquette University is named after- Jacques Marquette, S.J. He was a Jesuit missionary  who lived with Great Lakes tribes to get them to commit to the Gospel. If you   notice something colorful in his mouth it's berries that apparently someone put there. The last photo is of a tree in full bloom with rose like petals in white near Marquette student union. I took these pictures because I live near the area . The tree in bloom tells me that spring is here and warm weather will soon follow Spring is my favorite season because it's not too hot and not too cold. It's just right. I used an app called Layout from Google Playstore to arrange the photos. I took the photos from my phone and and went to my Gallery and played with lighting, contrast, brightness , and adjustment. I decided to leave them as is because  they look natural. The sun was out and I think I took the photos at a good angle. I wish I had used a digital camera though, I think I could have done a  little better job if I had one. I'm  thinking about taking a photography class in the future.

1 comment:

  1. You did a really good job with combining the pictures into a collage it makes the viewer entertain the thought of scenery put together yet they have different meaning and represent a variety of things. The sculpture of puts me in the mind of a man who may have had something to do with the establishment of the buildings behind it. The when looking at the initial picture I wondered about the depth of the waters and what type of foundation is holding the building together beneath the the surface. The tree makes image what it would be like if we could just get a small piece of spring :) Great pictures

    ReplyDelete