Monday, March 27, 2017

Visual Literacy Blog 1

I took a picture of a small chapel at Marquette University that was built in honor of Joan of Arc. I would always walk about on the area of the campus to discover the various buildings the students would go to attend classes. I would look at the chapel like a big doll house just there for show. Then one day. a month ago I saw someone walk in. It never cross my mind to see if I could open the door. I went inside and found chairs and benches where people can pray or just sit and be quiet.

I could the warm of the chapel and I liked the quiet because I could sit and think. I was able to  clear my head of most of the clutter that I had at the time. I looked at the candles and the stain glass windows that brought a sense of colorful joy to the space. Every now and then I go in ,after 10am, and try to find something to focus on and just open my mind to something new to appreciate. After watching the TED TALK I have learned to look at things beyond face value and try to find some meaning." Visual Literacy is the ability to construct meaning from images."

*I did take a picture of the chapel with my phone , but was not able to upload the picture. I had the picture in my Instagram account under wondarawherry.






This may sound weird ,but I can't think of a Joshua Tree Epiphany. I know I can't think of anything recent. The closet thing I can think of was a plant that was in my mom's garden. My mother loved to work in her garden. She planted greens, mustards, and collar greens. When she died people asked me if I would keep her garden up. I 'm not a gardener. That was my mom's  thing. Then one day  my aunt asked if I still had the "pork salad. " I was like the what ???!!. The pork salad was some type of plant that was like greens, but I never paid attention to it. When my aunt showed it to me it looked like a weed. To this day I still couldn't tell you want it looked like because I blocked it out of my mind. Friends and relatives would come by during the summer to see if grew back. I just let them look for it because they would find it faster than I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment